At Hydrex Pest Control, we understand that termites are every homeowner’s worst nightmare. Causing upwards of $30 billion worth of damage each year, these pests are incredibly harmful and need to be treated as soon as possible.
If you suspect your home is infested with termites, we are here to provide the swift and reliable termite control you need. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology and top-quality products, our Diamond Certified team eliminates termites from your home and prevents them from returning in the future.
“I recently thought I had a bed bug infestation, and Felipe came out to my house the very same day as my initial call. He was extremely polite, professional, sociable, and friendly. He made a pretty awful experience turn into a pleasant one with his ability” - Jessica A.
Because termites are so destructive, it is important to keep up with regular home inspections. Experts recommend scheduling a professional termite inspection at least once per year so any infestations can be dealt with promptly.
Purchasing a new home? Schedule a professional termite inspection before buying any property to ensure there isn’t an existing termite infestation. Catching an infestation during a real estate pest inspection can save you a ton of time, money, and energy down the line.
Because termites are often tucked away where you can’t easily see them, infestations can go on for a long time before they are ever discovered. The first step in controlling an infestation is identifying it but you need to know what to look for.
Common signs of a termite infestation include:
- Hollow-sounding wood: Termites eat wood, leaving it sounding hollow when knocked on.
- Mud tubes: Subterrenean termites require moisture to survive, so as they make their way into a home, they construct tubes to travel safely through using their saliva, feces, and mud. These tunnels rise from the soil and often extend upwards along a home’s foundation.
- Winged ants: If you discover a swarm of winged ants near your windows or doors, you might actually be looking at termites. Winged termites emerge in the springtime to mate and often congregate around windows and doors before shedding their wings or dying.
- Property damage: Visibly damaged wood, extra creaky floorboards, and hard-to-shut doors and windows are all common examples of termite damage.
- Piles of frass: Termite droppings look similar to sawdust because it mainly consists of the wood they eat.
Think you might have termites in your home? Hydrex Pest Control is here to get to the bottom of the problem. Our Petaluma termite control team provides thorough inspections during which we identify pests, assess any damage done, and determine the best treatment.
Types of Termites in Petaluma
Termites are persistent pests that can cause significant damage to homes and structures. In Petaluma, several types of termites are commonly found, each with its own behaviors and challenges for homeowners. Understanding these termites is crucial for effective termite control and prevention.
The most common types of termites in Petaluma are:
- Subterranean Termites: Subterranean termites are the most common type found in Petaluma. They build their colonies underground and create mud tubes to travel between their nests and food sources. These termites feed on wood cellulose, which can result in severe structural damage if left untreated. Their ability to access homes from below ground level makes them particularly challenging to detect and control.
- Drywood Termites: Drywood termites, as the name suggests, infest dry wood, such as furniture, structural beams, and wooden trim. Unlike subterranean termites, they do not require contact with soil. Instead, drywood termites establish their colonies within the wood itself. They tend to create small chambers or galleries where they live and breed. Detection of drywood termites can be difficult as they do not create mud tubes and their presence may only become evident once the damage becomes noticeable.
- Dampwood Termites: Dampwood termites are attracted to moist or decaying wood, making them more commonly found in areas with high humidity or water damage. They infest wood that is in contact with the ground or exposed to water sources. Dampwood termites typically do not infest structures unless there is a moisture problem, such as a leak or inadequate ventilation. However, once established, they can cause significant damage to the affected wood.
Dealing with termite infestations requires tailored strategies based on the specific type of termite present. It is crucial to identify the type of termite infesting your property to determine the most effective treatment and prevention methods. Consulting with the team at Hydrex Pest Control in Petaluma is highly recommended, as they have the expertise to identify the termite species and implement targeted solutions.
Call Hydrex Pest Control Today
If you have termites in your home, you need fast and reliable pest control. That’s where Hydrex Pest Control comes in. Backed by 200+ years of combined experience, our licensed technicians provide the highest quality termite control in Petaluma. We are knowledgeable of the latest trends in the industry and have the resources and skills to deliver the cutting-edge termite solutions you deserve.
Hydrex Pest Control is proud to offer organic, eco-friendly pest control solutions. We protect your home against pests all without putting your family, your pets, or the environment in harm’s way.
Is There Anything I Can Use for Ants Inside My House Before My Service Technician Comes for Treatment?
You can use soap and water or an ammonia product for ants all over the counter. Other household and over-the counter-sprays may counteract the control of ants, so please do not use them before or after treatment.
If My House is Sprayed Right Before it Rains, Will the Treatment Wash Away?
Pesticide applied to eaves, around windows, under patio covers, and many pest harborages will be effective even if it rains. Still not sure? Please call us (707) 475-3090.
When I Call With a Pest Problem, How Fast Can You Respond with Treatment?
We know that if you're calling Hydrex Pest Control it's important! We try our best to meet your needs efficiently and effectively. Our summer season is busy, and we give top priority to all of our regular customers. Even in our busy months, we can usually have help on the way within a few days. Remember, good service providers, are often busy, but are worth the wait!